5 Secrets to Immediately Improve the Cleaning of Your Early Learning Centre or School
April 3, 2016 By Willem Flach
The cleaning company representative promised the world but now you discover that the expected standard of the cleaning is far below par. Sound familiar?
In short, you are feeling ripped off!
Finding a professional, committed and accountable cleaning contractor should be an investment in the presentation and cleanliness of your centre. It’s easier than you think.
Here are five easy steps you can take today to dramatically improve your cleaning service.
- Clear Cleaning Specifications
The first thing you must ask your cleaning contractor is for a clear list of what they will do and when they will do it.
- Make sure that there is a clear indicator how often a task will be performed
- Avoid terms like “Weekly” and “As required”. These are too vague. Tasks should be done on a specific day of the week, fortnight or month.
- Detailed check sheets
Once you have agreed on the specifications with your contractor, the company should provide a detailed check sheet for the cleaner to complete each service. Regularly check that what is being ticked off is actually getting done to your satisfaction.
- Get to know your cleaner
Ask your contractor to meet the cleaner(s) who will be cleaning your site and make sure the same cleaner will be there each service. This ensures that your cleaner will take ownership of your centre.There is an increasing tendency for cleaning companies to subcontract their contracts to other people who then give your keys to a group of cleaners who share a car and work through the night. Avoid this at all costs.
- How long is your cleaner at your centre?
Before you start a cleaning contractor, ask how long the cleaner will be on site each week. At the end of the week ask the cleaning company for a report for the total hours spent on your site. A professional company will have no problem with this request.
- Regular Audits
A good cleaning company will provide you with a CSM (Client Services Manager) who will be responsible for liaising with you and conducting regular audits of your centre and the check sheets mentioned in step 2.
Take action on these five steps and I can assure you, your school cleaning service will improve dramatically.
TOP 4 REASONS TO CHANGE CLEANERS
- They are not delivering what they promised.
- I don’t know if I can trust the onsite cleaners.
- The cleaners aren't spending enough time at our premises.
- The agreed job specs are not being done.
HOW TECHNOLOGY IS CHANGING CLEANING
Bluetooth technology allows you complete control & transparency over the cleaning process. Our cleaners are tracked and are therefore accountable for the quality of their work. We use Bluetooth technology and 'beacons' to ensure they spend the correct amount of time cleaning your premises.
BENEFITS OF BLUETOOTH TECHNOLOGY
- Confirmation that cleaner is spending correct time cleaning.
- Confirmation that cleaner is completing specified cleaning tasks.
- Transparent process enables feedback, improvement, and value for money.