We need to clean in every season, not just in spring! As winter approaches, most of us are spending more time indoors, where we may face dust, cold and flu germs, and other things nasties.
To help you keep your office both hygienic and sparkling clean, we’ve collected up some key winter cleaning tips …
Clean your windows
We all want as much sunlight streaming through your windows as possible during winter. That can’t happen if you have smudgy, dirty panes.
Before it gets too cold outside, give your windows a good cleaning or call in a professional to do it for you.
Disinfect, disinfect, disinfect!
Cold and flu germs spread like wildfire this season. Stock up on disposable disinfectant wipes and use them often.
The kitchen is usually the biggest culprit when it comes to germs, so focus your efforts there. Countertops and appliance handles are germ hot-spots.
Keep your floors clean
Dirt, mud and debris from winter weather can really take a toll on your floors.
Before the cold snap, deep clean your carpets. During winter, make sure to keep up with regular vacuuming, sweeping, and mopping.
You can help prevent dirt from entering your home by putting a rough mat in front of entryways and encouraging staff and clients to wipe their boots thoroughly before stepping inside.
With the doors and windows staying shut this season, dust can accumulate quickly.
There are a lot of ways you can reduce dust in your home this winter:
- Change out your HVAC filters, ideally once every month. This is one of the biggest winter cleaning tips we can give you, as it will make the air in your home much more breathable. If you’re really worried about dust, choose a HEPA filter.
- Similarly, clean your air duct. Dirty air ducts can generate both dust and mould.
- Look at your cupboards. Collect anything you won’t wear this season and put it in a bin or bag.
- When you’re doing your routine dusting, use a micro-fiber cloth or duster and work top to bottom. Don’t overlook the tops of door and window frames or ceiling fans!
Looking for a reliable office cleaner who has an eye for detail? Call us on 1300 763 356.
TOP 4 REASONS TO CHANGE CLEANERS
- They are not delivering what they promised.
- I don’t know if I can trust the onsite cleaners.
- The cleaners aren't spending enough time at our premises.
- The agreed job specs are not being done.
HOW TECHNOLOGY IS CHANGING CLEANING
Bluetooth technology allows you complete control & transparency over the cleaning process. Our cleaners are tracked and are therefore accountable for the quality of their work. We use Bluetooth technology and 'beacons' to ensure they spend the correct amount of time cleaning your premises.
BENEFITS OF BLUETOOTH TECHNOLOGY
- Confirmation that cleaner is spending correct time cleaning.
- Confirmation that cleaner is completing specified cleaning tasks.
- Transparent process enables feedback, improvement, and value for money.