Is your commercial cleaner consistent with their cleaning systems? Does dust accumulate in your workplace? If your office cleaner does not pay close attention, then dust will build over time. It lingers around your computer, behind your monitor and on flat surfaces. It has a funny way of sticking around and leaves you more prone to allergies. This makes removal even more important. Many cleaners don’t know how to dust properly, and that’s OK! We’ve got you covered. If you have too many dust bunnies in your life, use our tips and tricks to get rid of it.
You will need:
A feather duster may look fun to use, but it only swirls around the dust without picking it up. If you own a feather duster, ditch it and swap for a more effective method.
- A microfiber cloth is the best possible tool on the market. These things are like dust magnets! Throw it in the wash and air-dry when it’s dirty.
- For floors, use a sponge mop, or a tool that can accommodate microfiber cleaning wipes.
- For small spaces, break out your cotton swabs.
- For odd nooks and crannies (like a pleated lampshade or knick-knacks with intricate forms), use a paintbrush with soft, natural bristles.
Here’s what to do:
When you understand how dust behaves, it’s a lot easier to know how to get rid of it!
- Vacuuming before you mop will save you time and energy.
- If it’s been a while since you last dusted, make sure your cloth is damp when dusting. This helps pick up thicker layers of dust without sending particles flying.
- Always work top to bottom. That way you’ll naturally catch any dust that falls from your ceiling fan when you work on your shelves or floor, instead of having to backtrack.
It’s also good to know that certain items in your office work best with certain dusting methods . . .
- Vents: Use a soft-brush vacuum attachment before wiping down with a microfibre cloth. You may also want to purchase reusable, washable filters if you don’t have them already. For fresher air, throw them in the wash.
- Electronics: Make sure to unplug before you dust, especially if your cloth is moist. Use your special tools (paintbrush and cotton swabs) on these items.
If all of this seems like too much work, then call the professionals – iClean on 1300 763 356. We love dusting!