3 Ways To Reduce Your Commercial Cleaning Costs Now!
April 13, 2016 By Willem Flach
Commercial Cleaning costs in Melbourne are a necessary expense of any office or commercial facility.
The cleanliness of the workplace is important not only for the clients who visit your premises but also for the employees on site.
Nevertheless, many companies could reduce their commercial cleaning costs by 20 – 33% by making some simple changes.
Here then are three easy steps you can take today to dramatically reduce your cleaning cleaning bill:
- Review your cleaning specifications
- Sit down with your cleaning contractor and review your current list of specifications.
- Could you reduce the vacuum cleaning frequency in the office?
- Does the office need to be cleaned each day, or would two to three times a week suffice?
- Go through all the items on the specifications and review the frequency and necessity of the task. (We were able to reduce the cleaning expenses of an architectural firm by 40% just by dividing the office into three distinct areas and concentrating on each area on a different day of the week)
- Have everyone contribute
- Recently we were able to save a Melbourne office 27% in their monthly cleaning bill, simply by having everyone return their own glasses to the kitchen. Previously this was included in the daily cleaning tasks, and it took the cleaners a considerable time to remove all the glassware form everyone’s desks.
- Do you really need all those bins?
- Emptying bins is one of the most labour intensive (read expensive) activities that cleaners perform. Offices can save a significant amount of money by reducing the number of bins around the office.
- Consider having one bin to a group of work stations rather than one per desk.
- Also consider asking employees only to place empty food containers in the kitchen area and not to eat at their desk.
Take action on these three steps and watch your cleaning costs reduce.
TOP 4 REASONS TO CHANGE CLEANERS
- They are not delivering what they promised.
- I don’t know if I can trust the onsite cleaners.
- The cleaners aren't spending enough time at our premises.
- The agreed job specs are not being done.
HOW TECHNOLOGY IS CHANGING CLEANING
Bluetooth technology allows you complete control & transparency over the cleaning process. Our cleaners are tracked and are therefore accountable for the quality of their work. We use Bluetooth technology and 'beacons' to ensure they spend the correct amount of time cleaning your premises.
BENEFITS OF BLUETOOTH TECHNOLOGY
- Confirmation that cleaner is spending correct time cleaning.
- Confirmation that cleaner is completing specified cleaning tasks.
- Transparent process enables feedback, improvement, and value for money.