If your commercial office cleaner isn’t consistent in their cleaning regime then dust will accumulate in your workplace.
If your office cleaner does not pay close attention, then dust will build over time. It lingers around your computer, behind your monitor and wherever it can find a flat surface. It has a funny way of sticking around even when you try your hardest to remove it—it’s as if dust wants to make your working day less enjoyable and leave you more prone to allergies. This makes its removal even more essential.
Many office cleaners don’t know how to dust properly, and that’s not OK!
We’ve got you covered. If you’ve got too many dust bunnies in your life, use our tips and tricks to get rid of it.
You will need:
A feather duster may look fun to use, but it only swirls around the dust without picking it up. If you own a feather duster, ditch it and swap for a more effective method.
- A microfiber duster is the best possible tool on the market. These things are like dust magnets! Throw it in the wash and air-dry when it’s dirty.
- For floors, use a sponge mop, or a tool that can accommodate microfiber cleaning wipes.
- For small spaces, break out your cotton swabs.
- For odd nooks and crannies (like a pleated lampshade or knick-knacks with intricate forms), use a paintbrush with soft, natural bristles.
Here’s what to do:
When you understand how your dust behaves, it’s a lot easier to know how to get rid of it!
- Vacuuming before you sweep or mop will save you time and energy.
- If it’s been a while since you last dusted, make sure your cloth/duster is damp when dusting. This helps pick up thicker layers of dust without sending particles flying.
- Always work top to bottom. That way, you’ll naturally catch any dust that falls from your ceiling fan when you work on your shelves or floor, instead of having to backtrack.
It’s also good to know that certain items in your office work best with certain dusting methods . . .
- Vents: Use a soft-brush vacuum attachment before wiping down with a duster/cloth. You may also want to purchase reusable, washable filters if you don’t have them already. For fresher air, throw them in the wash while you dust.
- Electronics: Make sure to unplug before you dust, especially if your duster is moist. Use your special tools (paintbrush and cotton swabs) on these items!
If all of this seems like too much work, then call the office cleaning professionals – iClean on 1300 763 356. We love dusting!
TOP 4 REASONS TO CHANGE CLEANERS
- They are not delivering what they promised.
- I don’t know if I can trust the onsite cleaners.
- The cleaners aren't spending enough time at our premises.
- The agreed job specs are not being done.
HOW TECHNOLOGY IS CHANGING CLEANING
Bluetooth technology allows you complete control & transparency over the cleaning process. Our cleaners are tracked and are therefore accountable for the quality of their work. We use Bluetooth technology and 'beacons' to ensure they spend the correct amount of time cleaning your premises.
BENEFITS OF BLUETOOTH TECHNOLOGY
- Confirmation that cleaner is spending correct time cleaning.
- Confirmation that cleaner is completing specified cleaning tasks.
- Transparent process enables feedback, improvement, and value for money.